Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quilt Sandwich: Attempt #1

I have decided two things.  1) You cannot lay a quilt out on the floor to work on it when you have dogs.  Especially when your dogs are wild, goofy-butts like mine.  2) Don't freak out when something isn't quite right...fix it.

I know what you are thinking...DUH!  I know, I know...but when I layed my quilt on the floor it looks bowed at one end.  I almost had a mental break down.  With dogs running across all my hard work and it not laying perfectly - I almost lost it!  Well I'll admit some frustration leaked out, but it could have been so much worse.  I have thought of two scenarios where I might have went wrong.  1) When my quilt was bunching at the back of my machine (with this particular quilt having long skinny strips) it was altering the center of the strips seams to be less than 1/4 of an inch.  I noticed this while working on the quilt top and thought I corrected the error.  2) I left my quilt top hanging on my ironing board too long and it stretched on the end that is triangular.  So to fix this, I will need to re-stitch the seams to be perfect or figure out how to shrink the fabric on the one end.

To maintain my positive attitude and deter any tantrums, I will share a phrase with you that makes me feel better.  "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."  With this in mind, think about how you want to be remembered forever and work on creating that life now.  Why wait for the perfect future, when you could have the perfect present?

So over the next few days I will be doctoring my quilt top and hopefully preparing for attempt #2 at making a quilt sandwich.  Cross your fingers!  Until then, I wish you much peace, love, and quilting.

Jamye

No comments:

Post a Comment