Friday, January 7, 2011

Out with the old...

My mother, bless her, gave me this lovely Necchi machine so that I could start to sew at my own house.  Which was great because before I got her if I wanted to sew I would have to drive two hours to visit my family and borrow Mom's Husqvarna.

Though we were only together for a short while, I have to admit I was excited about Necchi's departure.  Don't get me wrong I liked Necchi okay, but with her departure meant I could finally pick out a new baby!

Shopping for my new machine was hard and I started to feel discouraged when I found out that for new Bernina's to have automatic tensioning you had to spend around three thousand dollars...Yikes!  Things began to look up when my mom happened to mention my issue with the new Bernina's to the cashier at our local Moda/Bernina distributor.  The words she had to say were as sweet as honey!  She told us that she had a great, used machine in my price range that had automatic tensioning and everything else I'd ever want in a machine. It was almost like seeing your wedding dress for the first time...I just knew that I loved it and it was going home with me!  Two hours later I got the okay from the hubby (major husband points for this) and I wheeled out the red carpet all the way to my house.  Here she is, isn't she a beauty! 
I know, I know you may be feeling bad for Necchi, but believe me she did not get the shaft. On the contrary she has found a loving new owner that is cute as a button!  My lovely neice Nadia, who is ten years old and would love nothing more than to be a fashion stylist and has taken a liking to quilting.  She certainly is alot like her Aunt Jamye!

More on the progress of my first quilt tomorrow...I promise!  Until then I hope you have much Peace, Love, and Quilting.

Jamye


No comments:

Post a Comment