Sunday, January 9, 2011

Caution: Work in Progress

Let me start off by saying my babies are mad at me.  You see I had to lock them up for a little bit so I could lay out my quilt strips on the floor.  Now, surely these cute faces would never walk across my beautiful quilt and wreak havoc. (L-R: Lola and Sugar)  Yeah right!  Mama didn't raise no fool!  You see Lola is my dirt digging, wood and tennis shoe killer and Sugar actually ate a 1' x 2' hole in her last plastic crate and will eat any no-sew blanket in sight.  So you can see why precautions were taken. 
I got the instructions for this quilt from the Winter 2010 issue of Quilts and More magazine.  It was designed by Holly Hickman and is adorable!  The instructions are available for free here!  This was very easy to start off using jelly rolls.  Next time I will buy a jelly roll of Moda Basics for the white strips instead of cutting all of them by hand.  I will warn you the strips are very long and you will need a large area to work with.
Not too much longer and I will have my first quilt under my belt and hopefully on my couch with me and two snuggle monsters.  Maybe they will forgive me then...

Hope you had a very peaceful weekend with lots of love and quilting!

Jamye

No comments:

Post a Comment